Project Status: Under review
The City of Sydney is proposing some changes to our affordable housing program and we invite your feedback.
The key proposed changes will:
- increase affordable housing contributions in Ultimo-Pyrmont, consistent with the NSW Government's Pyrmont Peninsula Place Strategy and other areas in the city
- expand the list of community housing providers who may receive contribution funds
- provide an interim plan for the distribution of affordable housing contribution funds to community housing providers
- reallocate contribution funds from received development in the Southern Employment Lands from the Department of Communities and Justice to community housing providers
- streamline the program, remove unnecessary information and make minor housekeeping amendments to clarify content.
The public consultation includes:
- a planning proposal to amend the Sydney Local Environmental Plan 2012
- a draft amendment to the affordable housing program
- a draft interim distribution plan for the distribution of affordable housing contribution funds
- other supporting documents.
We’ll consider all feedback and report the results to Council and the Central Sydney Planning Committee. If Council approves this planning proposal after public consultation, the proposal will be sent to the Department of Planning and Environment for final approval.
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of consultation period. Your name or organisation’s name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when making your submission.