Project Status: Under review
Speak up. Sign up.
Get our regular newsletter to have your say.
Why we’re doing this
In December 2021 Transport for NSW simplified its operations by consolidating most bus routes onto Elizabeth Street. This makes it possible to create a safe riding connection and widen footpaths on the western side of Castlereagh Street while using the eastern side for loading and servicing, except during the evening peak.
What we’re doing
This project will complete a key missing link in our planned bike network.
This cycleway will connect to:
- the existing cycleway on Castlereagh Street between Hay and Liverpool streets
- the existing cycleway on Liverpool Street between Castlereagh Street and Darling Harbour
- a proposed cycleway on Liverpool and Oxford streets between Castlereagh Street and Taylor Square
- a proposed cycleway on King Street between Pitt Street and Queens Square
- cycleways on Pitt and College streets that will be constructed this year.
This project is part of our program to make Sydney a safer place for people to walk and ride and provide more options for people to travel around the city.
It is jointly funded by the City of Sydney and the NSW Government.
How you can give feedback
Consultation closes at 5pm on Friday 6 May 2022.
Use the interactive map to have your say
Attend an online information session
Register online to attend an online briefing and find out more about the project.
Email or post your feedback
Email your feedback to [email protected] or post it to:Chief Executive Officer
City of Sydney
GPO Box 1591
Sydney NSW 2001
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period. Your name or organisation’s name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when making your contribution.