Project Status: Closed
What we’re doing
Quality green open spaces are a high priority for our residents, workers and visitors. This network of park upgrades will create better quality open spaces for everyone to enjoy, help keep our city cooler, and support biodiversity in our local areas.
The proposed works are consistent with the Observatory Hill masterplan, adopted in 2012, which continues to guide the works across the park.
The proposal for Observatory Hill Park includes:
- maintenance of the open grass areas and protection of the mature trees
- upgrades to the perimeter path around the Sydney Observatory
- new paving to improve accessibility, circulation and sightlines
- improvements to paths to Upper Fort Street
- fixing lawn erosion and trip hazards on paths from Observatory to Upper Fort Street
- moving the bench seats and adding new seats along the path
- moving bins to entry and exit points
- working with Sydney Observatory to improve the fence.
How you can give feedback
Give your feedback by completing an online form.
Consultation closes at 5pm on Friday 26 April 2019.
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period. Your name or organisation's name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when making your submission.