Project Status: Closed
Why we’re doing this
This cycling connection will form an important part of our bike network and will make getting around safer for people walking and riding.
What we’re doing
The project includes:
- a new cycleway on the northern side of O’Dea Avenue between Bourke Street and Gadigal Avenue
- a protected intersection for people riding at O’Dea Avenue and Joynton Avenue that will allow bike riders to bypass the traffic lights
- a new pedestrian crossing at O’Dea Avenue near Joynton Avenue.
Impacts and disruptions
- Relocating the eastbound bus stop for route 348 from outside Kennards Storage on O’Dea Avenue to nearby Bourke Street just north of Elizabeth Street
- Removing the eastbound bus stop for route 320 and 392 outside Kennards Storage on O’Dea Avenue – these services remain unaffected and commuters can use alternative stops nearby
No trees will be affected by the proposal. However, the project requires removing 16 time-restricted parking spaces and relocating a car share space.
How you can give feedback
Consultation closes at 5pm on Monday 29 May 2023.
Use the interactive map to have your say
Email or post your feedback
You can give your feedback by email to [email protected] or post to:
Chief Executive Officer
City of Sydney
GPO Box 1591
Sydney NSW 2001
You are also invited to attend an information session at East Village
- Tuesday 9 May, 4pm to 5:30pm
- Thursday 11 May, 8am to 9:30am
These sessions are subject to weather conditions.
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period. Your name or organisation's name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when making your contribution.