Project Status: Closed
Why we’re doing this
This cycling connection will form an important part of our bike network and will make getting around safer for people walking and riding.
What we’re doing
The project includes:
- 2 one-way cycleways on each side of the road between Cope and George streets
- reducing the existing kerb at George Street to provide a safe transition for people riding
- changing the existing traffic priority for vehicles travelling north-south to east-west.
There will also be new pedestrian crossings at Cope Street provided by Transport for NSW as part of the Waterloo metro station project.
Impacts and disruptions
No trees will be affected by the proposal. However, the project requires removing 10 parking spaces.
How you can give feedback
Consultation closes at 5pm on Monday 29 May 2023.
Use the interactive map to have your say
Email or post your feedback
You can give your feedback by email to [email protected] or post to:
Chief Executive Officer
City of Sydney
GPO Box 1591
Sydney NSW 2001
You are also invited to attend an information session at the road closure at the intersection of George and McEvoy streets.
- Tuesday 16 May, 4pm to 5:30pm
- Thursday 18 May, 8am to 9:30am
These sessions are subject to weather conditions.
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period. Your name or organisation's name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when making your contribution.