Report illegal graffiti
We act quickly to remove it because our residents have told us that clean walls are a sign they live in a safe neighbourhood.
Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
Contact us online
If you want to inform us, complete our online form.Report graffiti
Report someone applying graffiti
If you spot someone applying graffiti, using spray paint or markers, contact your local police or the Police Assistance Line on 131 444 immediately. You can also call Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000.
Report graffiti directly to an organisation affected by it
If you spot graffiti on the property of one of these organisations, you can call them directly to report it:
- Australia Post: 13 13 18
- Energy Australia: 13 15 35
- JCDecaux Australia: 02 9565 9929
- Metro Transport: 02 8584 5288
- Moore Park Trust: 02 9339 6699
- Sydney Trains: 1300 038 500
- Roads and Maritime Services: 13 17 82
- Royal Botanic Gardens: 02 9231 8111
- Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority: 02 9240 8500
- Sydney Harbour Bridge: 13 17 82
- Sydney Water: 13 20 92
- Telstra: 13 22 03
- University of Sydney: 02 9351 2222
- University of Technology, Sydney: 02 9514 2000
Before you start
We inspect hot spots every day and aim to remove new graffiti in 24 hours, or when consent is obtained.
The broader local area is inspected every 5 days. Again, the aim is to remove graffiti once it’s found within 24 hours.
We aim to minimise incidents of graffiti on public and private property by prompt removal, while providing legitimate avenues for the expression of community information and art.
For more information about our response in the local area, please read our graffiti management policy.
PoliciesGraffiti management policyPublished 1 May 2018