Making Sydney a Sustainable Destination
Businesses in the entertainment and accommodation sector can benefit from an increased focus on the environment.
- Putting environmental sustainability first can reduce costs, attract more customers and engage employees.
- There’s significant scope for saving resources and reducing waste. In Sydney the sector is responsible for 47% of all commercial waste, 21% of carbon emissions and 14% of drinking water consumption.
- Our plan outlines actions for the sector, such as:
- using and promoting environmental ratings
- improving waste management
- making cost-effective retrofits
- installing onsite solar or procuring renewable energy
- connecting to recycled water where possible.