Engagement report – George Street, Rawson Place to Pitt Street upgrade
We asked for feedback on our proposal to upgrade George Street, between Rawson Place and Pitt Street in the city centre with wider footpaths, new trees and street furniture.
Our consultation on proposed improvements to George Street, between Rawson Place and Pitt Street, was open for comment from 8 December 2021 to 31 January 2022.
These traffic and parking arrangements are proposed:
- 45m of coach parking
- 4 loading zone/4P ticket bays
- 3 funeral/wedding parking bays
- introduce a no left turn restriction from George Street to Pitt Street
- introduce a no entry restriction for northbound traffic from George Street at Railway Square into George Street.
- We distributed 561 letters to property owners, residents and businesses.
- We received 74 submissions.
- The most common topics raised in the feedback we received were about the proposed changes to vehicle access and parking associated with the improvement works.