There is strong community support for the intention to revitalise Oxford Street and to protect the area as a loved and valued precinct.
- Oxford Street should remain a safe and welcoming place for all, in particular for LGBTIQ communities.
- Participants told us they value the strong social, cultural and heritage connections between the Oxford Street precinct and LGBTIQ communities.
- Taylor Square is considered a special place that provides an opportunity to celebrate LGBTIQ history and become the heart of the Oxford Street cultural and creative precinct.
- These approaches to revitalising the area all received support:
- making Oxford Street a cultural and creative precinct
- accommodating the right mix of diverse businesses and affordable spaces
- reviewing the planning approaches for Oxford Street and surrounds
- creating a local destination through events and activations.
Vision settingHave your say on a LGBTIQA+ social and cultural place strategy for Oxford StreetClosed