Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
Work out your collection day
Different areas have different collection days. Our collection day calendars tell you which day and date your bins are collected, including your garden organics (green lid) bin.
If you live in a house or small apartment block, use the map below to find and download the collection day calendar for your address:
- Enter your address into the search bar or zoom into the map to find and click on your property.
- A pop-up will appear on the map with information about your standard service day. This tells you which day your rubbish and recycling bins are collected.
- Click on the ‘Download calendar’ link in the pop-up to download your collection day calendar. Your calendar shows the dates bins are collected, including your green lid bin collection dates.
If you live in an apartment, confirm your collection days with your building manager.
If you're a building manager or caretaker of a large apartment building, please call us on 02 9265 9333 to confirm your collection days. Your bins may be collected several times a week.
If you're participating in the food scraps recycling service, check your collection day.
This map shows your collection day for rubbish, recycling and garden organics bins only. To download your collection day calendar, including the collection dates of your garden organics bins, enter your address in the search bar and click the ‘Download calendar’ link on the pop-up.
Prepare your bins for collection
- Place bins out the night before collection day. Bins should be near the kerb, where they won’t block pedestrian, bicycle or vehicle access.
- Place all waste in your bins. Extra rubbish and bags left next to the bin won’t be collected.
- Don’t overfill your bin – make sure the lid closes easily. Overfilled bins are hard to empty, and spilled litter attracts pests and vermin.
- Don’t pack bins too tightly. Collection vehicles won't pick up heavy bins.
- Bring bins back in within 24 hours of collection and store them on your property. Bins left on the street or footpath can be a safety hazard, or create litter when accidentally knocked over.
Disposing of other kinds of waste
Waste & recycling servicesWe’ll collect old furniture, mattresses, whitegoods, electronics and other big household items you no longer need.About 1 week
Waste & recycling servicesOur green lid bin is an easy and free way to recycle your grass clippings, prunings and leaves into compost and mulch.Free
Waste & recycling servicesDifferent recycling and disposal methods are needed for these toxic types of waste. Never put them in your household bins.Free
Waste & recycling servicesInformation and resources for building managers and building champions. Learn how you can help make the service work in your building.
Waste & recycling servicesBook an e-waste pick-up or take items to one of our quarterly recycling drop-off days or recycling stations.
Waste & recycling servicesLearn how to recycle these items in the easiest and most convenient ways.