Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
Work out your collection day
- If you live in a house or small apartment block, you can enter your street address in the search bar or zoom into the map to find your collection day and download a collection day calendar.
- If you live in an apartment, confirm your collection day with your building manager.
- If you're a building manager or caretaker of a larger or high-rise apartment building, please call us to confirm your collection days. Your bins may be collected 2 or 3 times a week.
- If you're participating in the food scraps recycling trial, check your collection day.
Please note this map shows your collection day and calendar for rubbish, recycling and garden organics bins only.View map in new window.
Prepare your bins for collection
- Place bins out the night before collection day. Bins should be near the kerb, where they won’t block pedestrian, bicycle or vehicle access.
- Place all waste in your bins. Extra rubbish and bags left next to the bin won’t be collected.
- Don’t overfill your bin – make sure the lid closes easily. Overfilled bins are hard to empty, and spilled litter attracts pests and vermin.
- Don’t pack bins too tightly. Collection vehicles won't pick up heavy bins.
- Bring bins back in within 24 hours of collection and store them on your property. Bins left on the street or footpath can be a safety hazard, or create litter when accidentally knocked over.
Disposing of other kinds of waste
Waste & recycling servicesWe can collect your old furniture, mattresses, whitegoods, e-waste and more.About 1 week · Free
Waste & recycling servicesOur green lid bin is an easy and free way to recycle your grass clippings, prunings and leaves.Free
Waste & recycling servicesDifferent recycling and disposal methods are needed for these special types of waste.Free
Waste & recycling servicesLearn about our food scraps recycling trial and how to start a community compost.
Waste & recycling servicesBook an e-waste pick-up or drop it off at one of our quarterly recycling drop-off days.Free
Waste & recycling servicesAn easy and convenient way to recycle your old batteries, mobiles and light bulbs is to drop them off at our recycling stations.Free