Project Status: Planned
Why we’re doing this
There is strong community demand for the centre’s existing programs and facilities including community spaces for hire, library link, outside school hours care and community gym.
Council endorsed the refurbishment of the centre in 2020 and the expansion of the project scope in July 2021.
What we’re doing
We’ve updated our plans to upgrade Pyrmont Community Centre. The updated plans will add more facilities and upgrade the community spaces in the centre.
Under the updated plans we will:
- build an additional 60 square metre community room
- increase accessibility with a new lift
- build a new entry foyer, ground floor public toilets and office
- expand the gym area on level 1
- upgrade the first floor showers and toilets
- convert the existing gym cardio room into a dedicated community space
- refurbish the main community hall, library link and level 1 community room
- upgrade outside school hours care service facilities and courtyard play equipment.
The development application will be open for feedback from mid-September 2021.
We expect construction to start in mid-late 2022.