Good planning and urban design today will ensure the city of tomorrow is beautiful and sustainable.
Why we’re doing this
Space in our city is constrained but demand is high.
Prioritising space for economic, social, cultural and civic activities is essential for sustainable economic growth. Maintaining the high living standards, amenity and affordability of our city, supports the attraction of a talented workforce and provides opportunity for all.
To achieve our vision for a green, global and connected city, we will ensure that the built environment
- enhances Sydney’s potential for global connection, and accommodates the growth that results from it
- facilitates economic diversity and growth
- provides a lively and engaging city centre with a diversity of built form, uses and experiences
- includes creativity in the public realm, such as public art and the design of the built environment
- encourages residents and commuters to travel short distances in the healthiest way wherever possible, whether that’s on two wheels or on their own two feet.