Applications are now closed
We’re seeking expressions of interest for an artwork by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander artist or collective.
The artwork will acknowledge and pay respect to Country, celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and cultures, and be used as the visual identity for NAIDOC in the City – the City of Sydney’s annual NAIDOC Week event.
The artwork will be licensed for sole use in multiple print and digital formats for up to 5 years. These include street banners, screens, street furniture, billboards, digital signs, and online and print materials.
You may choose to provide an artwork that has been created specifically in response to this brief or provide an existing artwork from your portfolio.
Concepts will be assessed by a City of Sydney appointed panel and guided by this selection criteria:
- Entry by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander artist, designer or collective
- Cultural and creative approach
- Calibre and experience of the artist,team or collective
- Suitability for application
- Audience engagement/experience
An Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person is someone who is all of the following:
- is of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- is accepted as such by their local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.