Make changes to a development application after the City of Sydney has given approval
A section 4.55 application is required to modify development consent.
Project Status: When you need to do this
If you need to make changes to a development application after the City of Sydney has given consent there are several ways to do this.
Each way depends on what sort of changes you want to make, and how they will affect the DA that was originally approved:
- To correct a minor error, an incorrect description or miscalculation, an application to modify development section 4.55(1) is required.
- For minimal environmental impact changes, a section 4.55(1A) application is required.
- To modify the consent in other ways, due to design changes for example, evidence needs to be provided that the development will be substantially the same, with a section 4.55(2) application.
- To modify a consent handed down by the Land and Environment Court, a section 4.56 application is required.
What you need to do
Prepare your modification application
A modification application should include:
- plans and other information relevant to the application
- disclosure statement, if required.
All documents must comply with our digital requirements.
Lodge your modification application
All modifications must be made through the NSW Planning Portal.
We will not accept applications by email, in person or by post.
Before you start
Since March 2018, section 96 applications have been called section 4.55 applications.
Remember we can offer further advice about your application.