- The sustainable event guidelines are designed to help event organisers apply environmental sustainability practices during the design, management and running of events in the City of Sydney area.
- Upfront planning is essential in making real changes to reduce emissions and water use, limit waste generation and minimise impacts on the environment. These guidelines help identify how to include sustainability in the critical path of your overall event plan.
- Start by:
- setting sustainability objectives and decide what you want to achieve for your event
- identifying who your stakeholders are and how are you going to engage with them
- engaging with suppliers to deliver on sustainable objectives
- incorporating requirements in contracts
- monitoring and reporting on outcomes of the event.
- seeking support as required from our sustainability team at [email protected].