Project Status: When you need to do this
Our branches are open with these services available:
- Customs House, Darling Square, Green Square, Kings Cross, Newtown and Surry Hills libraries: Browse and borrow and access computers and study desks.
- St Helen’s Community Centre (Glebe), Pyrmont Link, Ultimo and Waterloo libraries: Reserve and collect loans.
- Town Hall Library Express: Reserve and collect loans and computer use.
To help plan your visit, see our safety measures and restrictions.
Temporary online memberships also allow you to join our library without visiting a branch.
What you need to do
If your item is an acceptable selected community language book or a local history item, take it to your nearest library branch.
- Donated photographs must include information with the subject, date it was taken and the names of any individuals pictured.
- If you wish to donate a photo, please contact the City of Sydney Archives team
Donating community language books
The library accepts books in new condition, or published less than 2 years ago, in the following languages:
Donating local historic items
You can donate items with local historical value as this helps maintain and develop the library's history collection. We’ll only accept items relevant to this collection.
Once we accept them, donations become the library's property. We reserve the right to dispose of any donated materials at a later date.
To donate relevant items or find out more, contact the City of Sydney Library on 02 9265 9333 or [email protected]