Project Status: When you need to do this
Our branches are open with these services available:
- Customs House, Darling Square, Green Square, Kings Cross, Newtown and Surry Hills libraries: Browse and borrow and access computers and study desks.
- St Helen’s Community Centre (Glebe), Pyrmont Link, Ultimo and Waterloo libraries: Reserve and collect loans.
- Town Hall Library Express: Reserve and collect loans and computer use.
To help plan your visit, see our safety measures and restrictions.
Temporary online memberships also allow you to join our library without visiting a branch.
What you need to do
To request transfers:
- Look up the title using the online catalogue
- Click the more detail tab
- If the item is listed as being on-shelf, click the reserve button
- Log in using your card number (without spaces) and PIN
- Click OK
- Use the collect at tab to select your preferred branch
- Click the reserve button.
If the item you would like is not listed on the catalogue, we may be able to access it for you as an inter-library loan from a participating Australian library. Charges apply. Alternatively, you can make a suggestion for purchase.
Please allow at least 2 weekdays for your item to be delivered. It will be available from 3pm the day it’s delivered to your branch. Items will be held for 10 days. If not collected, they'll be returned to the original branch.