Project Status: In progress
What we’re doing
This reserve is built above Kings Cross car park. To reduce structural and loading impacts on the roof, we will need to remove some of the soil mounds and 26 trees including many of the casuarinas. The trees will be replaced with 30 new native trees that will grow to replace the canopy cover across the reserve.
These works will also improve safety and sightlines into the park and will allow for more low-level plants and shrubs to grow.
The upgrade includes:
- better access into the park with 2 new paths with ramps
- a larger community garden and a new access path
- new seating and a bubbler with dog bowl
- new native plants and an improved lawn
- informal walls, pavements and bollards to protect dogs from the road.
We will close parts of the reserve during the works. These will be carried out in stages. The nearest parks are:
We will take steps to minimise other impacts but there will be some machinery noise and dust. Parking may be impacted due to access requirements for construction materials and equipment.