Community gardens policy
Provides a framework for residents who want to establish a community garden.
- Our community gardens policy describes how community gardens are set up and looked after.
- We support and encourage existing community gardens to become self-managed to a high standard.
- The policy explains how to establish your community gardening group.
- It examines your rights and responsibilities as community gardeners and it talks about how to conduct a site assessment.
- It discusses the importance of talking about your proposal with us to identify any issues before submitting your application.
- Community gardensCommunity gardening creates more green patches of vegetables, plants and flowers across the city.
Property & tree maintenanceStarting a community gardenHow to create and look after a community garden in the City of Sydney area.
Community activities & initiativesFootpath gardeningFootpath gardening is a great way to meet your neighbours, get out in the fresh air and to be healthy.
GuidesCommunity composting guidelinesWhatever composting system you choose, our guidelines on community composting will help make your project a success.Published 2 March 2020