Project Status: Closed
What we're doing
We invite your feedback on a proposal to list 9 heritage items of the modern movement in the Sydney Local Environmental Plan 2012.
The proposed heritage items are:
- Sydney Masonic Centre, 279–283 Castlereagh Street, Sydney
- former Sydney County Council Building, 552A–570 George Street, Sydney
- St Peter Julian’s Catholic Church and Monastery, 637–645 George Street, Haymarket
- Town Hall House, 456 Kent Street, Sydney
- William Bland Centre, 229–231 Macquarie Street, Sydney
- MLC Centre, 19–35 Martin Place, Sydney
- former Liverpool and London and Globe building, 62 Pitt Street, Sydney
- former Horwitz House, 398–402 Sussex Street, Haymarket
- Earth Mother play sculpture, Yurong Parkway, Cook and Phillip Park, Sydney
These items are proposed for listing to recognise their significance as part of the modern movement of architecture and art in Sydney that were designed from 1945 to 1975.
In planning for Sydney’s sustainable development, listing identifies those places with heritage value worth retaining for the benefit of current and future generations. This exhibition is your opportunity to have your say.
An update to the heritage map shading for St Andrew’s House at 464–480 Kent Street, Sydney, is also proposed.
This planning proposal will not change any other planning controls for these sites.
How to give your feedback
You can give your feedback by completing an online survey.
Consultation closes at 5pm on Monday 14 October 2019.
Information for this proposal is also available in hard copy at our customer service centre at Town Hall House, 456 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
We’ll consider all submissions received from the public consultation. The outcomes of the public consultation will be reported to Council and the Central Sydney Planning Committee.
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period. Your name or organisation's name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when making your submission.