Project Status: Closed
What we’re doing
In April 2018, we consulted on the Alexandria local area traffic management plan, which recommended a number of traffic calming treatments.
We’re now progressing on the approval of several of these treatments, including:
- closure of Anderson Street at Mitchell Road
- closure of Brennan Street at McEvoy Street
- closure of Loveridge Street at McEvoy Street
- mid-block closure of Lawrence Street between Maddox and Harley streets
- continuous footpath treatment in Renwick Street at Mitchell Road
- narrowing Mitchell Road to provide a raised pedestrian crossing to improve local access, including for children at the nearby school.
These proposed changes will make it safer for people walking in the area.
How you can give feedback
Give your feedback by completing an online form.
Consultation closes at 5pm on Wednesday 8 April 2020.
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period. Your name or organisation's name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when making your submission.