Project Status: Closed
Speak up. Sign up.
Get our regular newsletter to have your say.
What we’re doing
We’ve updated the plan to reflect community feedback on the importance of retaining all the trees, the shared path alignment and the location of the Birds of Peace and Industry mosaics. We also propose hybrid (natural reinforced) turf located in the park’s sunniest area.
The revised proposal for Peace Park includes:
- new fenced play area including play structure with a curly slide
- swing set and 3 seats (2 regular seats and 1 baby seat)
- informal nature play elements such as stepping stones and logs
- lawn planted with hybrid reinforced turf in the park’s sunniest area
- more seating in sunny and shady areas and upgraded lighting as required
- new water bubbler and dog bowl
- better drainage to capture rainwater for use onsite.
As part of the works we’ll provide locations for future community artwork opportunities to be investigated. We’ll also investigate locations for compost bins and raised thresholds on Buckland Street and Pine Street.
All trees in the park will be retained and we’ll add more plants.
All feedback and any resulting design changes will be reported to Council. If Council resolves to proceed with the upgrade, our staff will work on detailed designs and we will keep you updated on progress.
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period. Your name or organisation’s name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when making your submission.