Project Status: Open for feedback
What we’re doing
We plan to upgrade the Arthur Street Reserve and playground in Surry Hills.
We’ve developed a concept plan for the park based on your feedback from our consultation in mid-2021.
The proposal for Arthur Street reserve includes:
- relocating the playground to maximise space and safety
- a new play structure with steps for toddlers, a slide, deck platform, firepole and a climbing challenge and a new swing
- a nature play area with more natural materials for balance beams, play decks and timber poles
- new rubber soft-fall and synthetic grass surfaces
- a plaza communal space, with more seats and tables
- a new water bubbler with dog bowl
- retaining existing mature trees and improving shrub plantings (one small, self-sown tree will be removed)
- new barrier hedges, native habitat and boundary edge plantings.
Why we’re doing this
This is part of our parks upgrade program where over the next 10 years we will upgrade more than 60 parks across the City of Sydney area, from small pocket parks to larger local parks.
We’re asking local community groups and residents for their feedback on the concept design. We’re interested in understanding who uses the current playground, what works and what doesn’t. We’d also like to hear any ideas you have for the new playground.
We will report all feedback and design changes to Council, and we will continue to a detailed design. We will keep you updated on the progress of this project.
How you can give feedback
Consultation closes at 5pm on Monday 22 August 2022.
Complete our feedback form
Email or post your submission
You can also give feedback by email to [email protected] or post to:
Senior Project Officer
Strategic Engagement and Community Relations
City of Sydney
Town Hall House, Level 7, 456 Kent Street
Sydney NSW 2000.
Talk to us
Pop-up stall in Arthur Street reserve on Saturday 6 August 10am to 11:30am.
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period. Your name or organisation's name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when providing your feedback.