Greening Sydney strategy
We will implement our urban greening programs and actions through the greening Sydney strategy.
There are many stakeholders with an interest and capacity to green our urban landscape. Engaging them all to contribute to the greening of Sydney requires a plan and strategic action.
The physical greening of our urban environment is important because it:
- provides shade and reduces urban heat impacts
- improves our health and wellbeing
- filters and improves the air we breathe
- reduces urban run off and stormwater pollution
- improves the appearance, economic value and liveability of our cities
- provides habitat and a connection to nature in our cities.