Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
Check your eligibility
We issue the permit to the service provider rather than the recipient of the in-home support. This gives the service provider more efficient access and avoids placing application requirements on residents.
A permit may be issued to a service provider that:
- provides in-home support services
- conducts, or expects to conduct, more than 60 home visits a year to residents in the City of Sydney and partnering council areas
- has prepared a plan of management in line with our neighbourhood parking policy to address the risk of permits being misused.
The vehicle must:
- be registered in the name of the service provider – if the vehicle is in a private name, the service provider must supply a letter explaining that the permit will be used for providing in-home support only
- be under 4.5t and less than 7.5m, unless a larger vehicle is necessary for the service provided.
Apply for a permit
You can apply for a permit by email or by mail after downloading and completing our application form.
- Download the form below.
- Read and fill in the form.
- For mailed applications, please include either a cheque or money order. Cheques should be made payable to the City of Sydney Council. Mail your application to City of Sydney, GPO Box 1591, Sydney NSW 2001
- To email the application, complete the application form, attach the required documents and email your application to [email protected]. For emailed applications, a customer service officer will contact you to arrange payment.
Renewing a permit
If you are renewing a permit, please do this no later than 10 working days before the current permit expires. To renew an existing permit, you will need:
- current vehicle registration papers
- permit licence number shown on the renewal notice.
Before you start
What you need to know
- Parking permits are available for accredited workers who provide in-home support services to local residents.
- The support worker’s vehicle is exempt from certain parking restrictions when the permit is displayed while the support worker is doing home visits.
- Permits are not issued for permanent/overnight parking of service provider vehicles.
- The permit exempts support workers from signposted time limits and fees in the City of Sydney, Randwick and Inner West council areas.
- The permit does not allow you to park your vehicle in clearway, no stopping, no parking, bus, loading, work, truck or disabled parking zones.
- Accredited support worker organisations must apply on behalf of support worker staff.
Who can apply?
Service providers must apply for permits on behalf of support workers. Check you have all of the supporting documents below before applying. To apply for a new permit, you will need:
- current vehicle registration papers. If the vehicle is in a private name, the service provider must supply a letter explaining that the permit will be used for providing in-home support only.
After you finish
- Once your completed form and payment are received your application will be processed and any permit(s) for which you are eligible will be posted to you within 10 working days.
- There is no limit to the number of support worker parking permits that may be issued to service providers that employ support workers.
- Individuals that operate as a service provider will be issued with 1 permit.
- If the permit is no longer in use by the service provider or is not expected to be used for a period of 3 months or more, the permit should be returned to the City of Sydney.