Apply for a carers parking permit
Available to eligible residents in the City of Sydney's area when receiving in-home assistance.
Project Status: When you need to do this
The carers permit exempts the carer from parking meter and time zone restrictions where the parking area number on the permit matches the parking sign.
Some buildings are restricted which means the building’s residents may not be eligible for permits.
The permit is issued to the resident rather than the carer – this enables the resident to receive care from multiple carers who are not eligible for the care worker parking permit.
What you need to do
Check your eligibility
For the resident receiving care
A carers parking permit may be issued to a resident who:
- is a resident in our area
- has a letter from the appropriate government health body indicating the need for long-term health care of the resident
For the carer
A carer is a person who provides personal support and assistance to another person. The person who needs care may be:
- an older adult
- living with disability
- living with a medical condition including a terminal or chronic illness
- living with mental illness
A person is not a carer if the care, support and assistance they provide is:
- under a contract to provide care services
- doing voluntary work for a charitable, welfare or community organisation
- required for part of an education or training course
A carers parking permit is not valid for use on a caravan, bus, trailer or any other vehicle which exceeds 4.5 tonnes tare weight.
Apply for a permitIf you’re eligible for a permit, you will need to lodge an application by email.
- Download the form below.
- Read and fill in the form.
- Email the application form to [email protected]