Apply for a carers parking permit
Available to eligible residents in the City of Sydney's area when receiving in-home assistance.
Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
Check your eligibility
For the resident receiving care
A carers parking permit may be issued to a resident who:
- is a resident in our area
- has a letter from the appropriate government health body indicating the need for long-term health care of the resident
For the carer
A carer is a person who provides personal support and assistance to another person. The person who needs care may be:
- an older adult
- living with disability
- living with a medical condition including a terminal or chronic illness
- living with mental illness
A person is not a carer if the care, support and assistance they provide is:
- under a contract to provide care services
- doing voluntary work for a charitable, welfare or community organisation
- required for part of an education or training course
A carers parking permit is not valid for use on a caravan, bus, trailer or any other vehicle which exceeds 4.5 tonnes tare weight.
Apply for a permitIf you’re eligible for a permit, you will need to lodge an application by email.
- Download the form below.
- Read and fill in the form.
- Email the application form to [email protected]