Project Status: Closed
Why we’re doing this
In 2022 we worked with the community to develop a vision for the future of Haymarket. Our draft Haymarket and Chinatown revitalisation strategy and Haymarket public domain plan shows how we can make this community vision a reality.
The plans propose:
- more support for events and cultural celebrations in the area
- creating a precinct of lights
- more trees for a comfortable balance of light and shade
- incentivising investment and renewal to keep with the area’s unique character
- upgrading local streets and parks to make the area more vibrant, safer and accessible.
What we’re doing
We want to hear your views on our proposed Haymarket and Chinatown revitalisation strategy and Haymarket public domain plan. Your feedback will help shape future projects and actions to help revitalise the area.
How you can give feedback
Consultation closes at 5pm on Monday 25 September 2023.
Join Lord Mayor of Sydney, Clover Moore AO.
Tuesday 19 September 2023, 6pm to 7:30pm
Sydney Town Hall
483 George Street, Sydney
Complete our online survey
View our interactive mapView map
Pop-up consultation stands (weather permitting)
You can also speak with us in person and give your feedback at pop-up events in Haymarket during the consultation period.
- Hay Street at Sussex Street on Friday 8 September from 12pm to 2pm – cancelled due to bad weather
- Dixon Street markets on Friday 8 September from 5pm to 7pm
- Campbell Street at George Street on Tuesday 12 September from 3pm to 5pm
Email or post your feedback
You can give your feedback by email to [email protected] or post to:
Manager City Engagement
City of Sydney
Town Hall House
GPO Box 1591
Sydney NSW 2001
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period. Your name or organisation’s name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when making your contribution.