Small business grants
To help small businesses keep afloat through and after Covid-19, we've released $2 million worth of extra funding.
Applications have now closed
- Applications opened: 6 April 2020
- Applications closed: 27 April 2020
- Council meeting: 18 May 2020
- Funds released from: 1 June 2020
We’re currently revising our operational plan in response to Covid-19 pandemic, including allocating the funding to this grants program. Projects can commence from 1 June 2020 and should be completed within 12 months.
About this program
The small business grant will provide direct financial support to local and vulnerable small businesses and arts enterprises to innovate and adapt, foster business continuity and increase business capabilities to strengthen economic recovery in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
This grant is available to for-profit organisations, including for-profit arts enterprises, located within the local area, employing between 1 and 19 full-time staff and have an annual turnover of less than $10 million.
In exceptional circumstances, applications will be considered from larger businesses in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
Sole traders may be eligible for the quick response grant, cultural sector resilience grant or the creative fellowships grant.
Funding is available in amounts of $10,000 per business.
Sign up to our newsletter
Don’t miss out on our grants and sponsorship opportunities. Get all the latest information, grant opening dates and much more.
How to apply
Applications are available online when the grant round is open.
Applicants may be asked to provide the following documentation with their online applications. Please allow enough time for files to upload and aim to submit your application at least an hour before the due time.
Standard supporting documentation:
- quotes for equipment or material valued over $1,000
- a copy of public liability insurance or quote for public liability insurance which would cover the proposed project to the value of $10 million
- if the applicant is a social enterprise or a not-forprofit organisation without charity or deductible gift recipient status, the organisation’s constitution including a statement of purpose and organisation structure
- multi-year business plan (required for multi-year cash funding requests)
- child protection policy (applicable if the proposed project involves children)
- letters of support from any community or local business partners (if relevant)
- a list of community members or businesses who will be involved in the proposed project (if relevant)
- evidence to demonstrate owner’s consent (if relevant)
- a basic site plan for the proposed project (if relevant)
- case studies of previous projects (if relevant)
- any other documents relevant to the proposed project, such as photographs, minutes from planning meetings and development approvals.