International student leadership and ambassador program
Offers free training, work-integrated learning and volunteering opportunities.
With over 35,000 international students calling Sydney home, our city has more than any other in Australia.
Our award-winning international student leadership and ambassador program aims to build Sydney’s reputation as a preferred destination to study.
The program offers free training, work integrated learning and volunteering opportunities to enhance international student leadership skills and experience, which become transferable to their future careers. Participants also have an opportunity to make new friends, build a local support network and develop a sense of belonging while getting involved in local events and activities.
In 2014, the program won first prize at the NSW International Student Awards. StudyNSW and the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet presented the awards to celebrate the contribution international students make to the community.
The 2018–20 ambassadors helped organise and lead a range of projects over 18 months, including:
- cultural tours for newly arrived international students
- international student networking events
- employment and career panels to provide advice and support for international students to find work
- youth leadership conferences for both local and international student leaders
- a youth music competition and concert to bring together local and visiting young people.
International student ambassadors2018/20 International students leadership and ambassador program alumni
International student ambassadors2015/16 International students leadership and ambassador program alumni
International student ambassadors2013/14 International students leadership and ambassador program alumni