Community participation plan
We encourage meaningful and effective community participation in planning.
- We firmly believe the community has a right to be informed about planning matters that affect them. Wherever possible, we encourage opportunities for meaningful and effective community participation in planning.
- Our community participation plan outlines our community participation requirements under planning legislation. It’s designed to make it clearer and easier for you to understand how to participate in planning decisions.
- The plan details minimum public exhibition timeframes and notification procedures for strategic and statutory planning matters. It covers:
- development applications
- planning proposals
- contributions plan
- draft development control plans
- planning agreements
- environmental impact assessments.
- The community participation plan only deals with planning matters. It applies across our whole local area and replaces schedule 1 of the Sydney Development Control Plan 2012.