What is a Go Bag?
A Go Bag is a small bag packed with essential items in case you need to evacuate your home or workplace.
Depending on your circumstances, you might want to prepare a Go Bag for home and one for your workplace.
Go Bag essentials
- Key personal information for your family members, including identification such as passports or driver’s licences.
- A bottle of water for each household member.
- Torch and battery-operated, portable AM/FM radio with spare batteries. Check use-by dates.
- Appropriate clothing. In winter, you might need jumpers. In summer, hats and sunscreen. Comfortable walking shoes are also important.
- Rainwear or an emergency plastic poncho.
- Roll of toilet paper, personal hygiene supplies.
- Pen and notepad.
- Phone card and mobile. Remember your mobile may not work during a large-scale emergency.
- First aid items and personal medications.
- An extra set of car and house keys.
- Credit and ATM cards, and a small amount of cash.
- Map of your local area and the assembly areas.
- Your personal contact list.