The Sydney and North Sydney CBD evacuation plan was developed by emergency service agencies and government including:
- NSW Police Force
- Fire and Rescue NSW
- Ambulance Service of NSW
- NSW State Emergency Service
- Transport for NSW
- City of Sydney and North Sydney councils.
You can help effectively manage evacuations in the city by:
- knowing your roles and responsibilities under the plan
- monitoring emergency events before, during and after the event
- understanding when to evacuate and when to shelter in place
- being aware of safe evacuation routes out of the city centre.
What to do in emergencies
The Office of Emergency Management provides information for individuals, councils, community service organisations and businesses to become disaster ready through its Get Ready Sydney initiative.
To manage a coordinated response, we've worked with emergency service agencies in the local area to develop the local emergency management plan. The plan describes the arrangements to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies.
Building and business owners and managers should develop an emergency management plan suited to their local environment.
You can help effectively manage emergency events in the city:
- Take responsibility and prepare a personal emergency plan.
- Know who to contact in an emergency.
- Check on your friends, family and neighbours before, during and after emergency events.
- Monitor emergency events before, during and after an emergency.
Our emergency preparation guides will provide you with some simple steps you can take to prepare for these emergencies or potential disasters. There are many sources of information to help you before, during and after an emergency or disaster.