Local environmental plans
Planning instruments that apply to the local area.
The local environmental plans below apply to development in our area.
You can use our interactive map to get a snapshot of the LEPs and key planning controls that relate to your site.
Review the relevant LEPs to get a complete understanding of the requirements for both your site and proposed development.
These planning instruments apply to development in our area:
- Sydney LEP 2012
- Sydney LEP 2005 – Frasers Broadway only
- Sydney LEP (Glebe Affordable Housing Project) 2011
- Sydney LEP (Harold Park) 2011
- South Sydney LEP 1998
- Sydney LEP (Green Square Town Centre) 2013
- Sydney LEP (Green Square Town Centre – Stage 2) 2013
- South Sydney LEP 1998 Amendment 17: Green Square Town Centre
- South Sydney LEP 1998 Amendment 19: Green Square Town Centre
- South Sydney LEP 1998 Amendment 21: Green Square Town Centre
- South Sydney LEP 114
- Planning Scheme Ordinance
Sydney Local Environmental Plan 2012 refers to these documents:
- Green Square affordable housing program: details the provisions for this scheme, which was adopted by Council on 12 March 2012.
- Competitive design policy: sets out how an applicant must demonstrate that a proposed development is the result of an architectural or competitive design process.
Sydney LEP 2005
The plan continues to apply to Frasers Broadway, the former Carlton and United Breweries site. For a limited time you can download the superseded provisions for information only.
Repealed local environmental plans
These plans have been superseded by Sydney LEP 2012:
- Leichhardt Local Environmental Plan 2000
- Leichhardt Interim Development Order 27.