Project Status: Closed
Join us on Thursday 1 June 2023.
Why we’re doing this
In late 2022, we conducted another round of consultation on the proposed design for Woolloomooloo Playground. We held a public meeting in the park and a workshop with Plunkett Street Public School students and we spoke with school representatives.
The community asked us to:
- keep the playground the same size
- increase the variety of equipment to cater for older children and more group play
- use more natural materials
- maximise and maintain the lawn area next to the playground
- provide safe and accessible routes in and around the park
- provide more seating and relocate bins
- install public toilets nearby (subject to development application).
What we’re doing
This feedback was taken into consideration and the updated design now includes:
- a fully fenced playground which is the same size as the existing one
- a play structure with climbing net and slides
- a basket swing and a swing with a baby seat, a multi-user see-saw, a springer and spinner, monkey bars, a climbing net carousel and a rock climbing structure
- nature play including stepping stones and logs, cluster poles, sandstone boulders and scrambling net
- new plants and trees within the playground
- a larger grass area
- better connections between the playground and barbecue area
- more seating in both sunny and shaded locations
- relocated bins
- a new water bubbler and dog bowl
- improved lighting and paths.
Improving safety on Pring Street
Some residents asked us to consider making Pring Street one-way to improve safety for people walking. We found that one-way uphill would leave no room for garbage trucks to safely turn, while one-way downhill would not be safe due to vehicle speeds and poor visibility for people walking and driving at the bottom of the hill.
We’re now looking at installing traffic calming measures instead and we’ll keep you updated.
We’ll report all feedback and design changes to Council and will continue to a detailed design. We’ll keep you updated on the progress of this project.
How you can give feedback
Consultation closes at 5pm on Thursday 8 June 2023.
Complete our survey
Email or post your feedback
You can also give feedback by email to [email protected] or post to:
Belinda Graham, Delivery Manager
Senior Community Engagement Coordinator
City of Sydney
456 Kent Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Talk to us
Clover Moore, Lord Mayor of Sydney will host a community meeting where you can view the plan and talk to the project team. The meeting will be at the Juanita Nielsen Community Centre, 31 Nicholson Street, Woolloomooloo from 5:30pm to 7pm on Thursday 1 June 2023.
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period. Your name or organisation's name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when providing your feedback.