Project Status: Closed
We encourage applications from a market operator who can:
- provide a curated offering with a point of difference within the City of Sydney’s area
- demonstrate a willingness to work with the local community, including businesses and organisations to facilitate workshops and activities
- complement the surrounding area and existing businesses
- demonstrate a clear commitment to zero waste to landfill, aligning with the goals of Sustainable Sydney 2030-2050 Continuing the Vision, including a ban on single-use plastic bags and use of biodegradable materials for food and drink containers and cutlery.
The market operator must be able to:
- create an interesting and vibrant destination to celebrate the Christmas festival season
- run on 25 and 26 November and every Thursday, Friday and Saturday in December up to Christmas Eve on 24 December
- safely accommodate stallholders each market day within the identified event space as per Appendix A in the request for proposal document
- sell quality of goods/services representing value for money
- maintain high standards of presentation and customer satisfaction
- professionally organise and manage the market
- ensure compliance with all requirements of the temporary event approval as well as other applicable legislative or planning obligations.
Each of the evaluation criteria listed above is critical to this request for proposal. They’re not of equal weight for evaluation and are not listed in order of priority.
The City of Sydney or an appointed third party may undertake financial assessments as part of its review.
You must complete all parts of the request for proposal forms. The City of Sydney may reject any application missing information.