Apply for a pensioner rebate on rates
Eligible pensioners can receive rebates of up to 100% on their rates and charges.
Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
Check if you’re eligible
You will need to provide certain information to be eligible for a rebate. You will need a current pensioner concession card issued by Centrelink or a current Department of Veterans' Affairs concession card. The latter can be used if issued because you are:
- a widow or widower of a member of the Australian Defence or Peacekeeping forces
- the unmarried mother of a deceased unmarried member of either of the above forces
- a widowed mother of a deceased unmarried member of either of the above forces
- considered totally and permanently incapacitated under the law
- receiving a general rate of pension adjusted for extreme disability, or you receive a special rate of pension under law.
Complete the application form
Download the form below and read and complete it. Please ensure that all fields have been filled out correctly.
After you finish
When we receive your application a City of Sydney officer will contact you if further information is required.
If no further information is required, your application will be processed as soon as possible and you'll be notified in writing of the decision.