Apply for a tradesperson visitor parking permit
Park on-street and avoid certain time limits and fines while carrying out maintenance and improvement work for eligible residents or property owners.
Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
Check if you’re eligible
Residents must apply for permits on behalf of a tradesperson.
Not all households will be eligible for tradesperson visitor parking permits. A household will be excluded if it:
- occupies a new or converted residential flat building approved since 8 May 1996 under the former South Sydney or 1 May 2000 with the former Sydney City Council.
- occupies a dwelling approved with the condition that no parking permits are to be issued
- has an on-site visitor parking space, including shared visitor spaces in multi-unit dwellings.
- occupies premises not approved for residential use.
Eligible residents or owners may obtain up to 6 x 1-week permits per calendar year. The permit is held by the resident or owner and can be given to their tradesperson/s to display on their vehicle.
Permits are only valid in the numbered area shown on permits and parking signs.
Prepare supporting documents
Check you have all of the supporting documents below before applying. You must provide:
- proof you reside in or own an eligible residential property in our local area
- quote or contract which sets out the address of the property where the works will be carried out and the duration of the works.
Apply for a permit
You can also apply in person or by mail after downloading and completing our application form.
- Download the form below.
- Read and fill in the form.
- To lodge an application in person at a customer service centre make a 20-minute appointment. Book your appointment online or call us on 02 9265 9333 to book. Alternatively, mail it to City of Sydney, GPO Box 1591, Sydney NSW 2001.
- For mailed applications, please include either a cheque or money order. Cheques should be made payable to the City of Sydney Council.
- Payment in person can be made by cheque, money order, eftpos or credit card.
After you finish
Once your completed form and payment are received your application will be assessed and any permit for which you are eligible will be posted to you within 10 working days.