Volunteer for Sydney City Farm
Help with the growing and development of the site.
Sydney City Farm
Sydney City Farm in Sydney Park is a place to learn about urban agriculture and sustainable food production.
We often have volunteer positions available for:
- farm volunteers
- education programs
Farm volunteers can help with the growing and development of the farm site. Shifts are usually 1 and a half hours:
- Visit What’s On to register
- See booking information for terms and conditions.
Education and event volunteers support the farm’s education programs and events. Shifts range from 1 hour to a half day and are rostered.
When you volunteer with the farm you’ll have the opportunity to do interesting and rewarding work, learn new skills and interact with others who share similar interests.
To volunteer in these roles you need to be:
- able to work in a team environment
- interested in sustainability and horticulture
- committed to safety
- fully Covid-19 vaccinated (unless you have a medical exemption) and provide proof of your vaccination status prior to volunteering
- reliable and punctual.
You must have adequate physical fitness and be able to stand for the duration of your shift. Manual lifting of equipment and furniture may also be required.
Volunteers involved with children will need to undertake a working with children check.