Project Status: When you need to do this
To help hospitality venues recover from the devastating effects of Covid, we worked with the NSW Government to provide venues with more options to cater for more customers. We continue this support for businesses by extending on-street dining until 31 December 2024.
We’re also waiving fees for all alfresco dining until 30 June 2025.
Due to the popularity of the on-street dining spaces, we’re investigating opportunities to make some of these spaces permanent.
- Cafes, bars, restaurants and cultural venues that already have an outdoor dining permit can apply to take over car parking space for outdoor dining.
- Cafes, bars, restaurants and cultural venues that currently don’t trade outdoors and that serve food for eating at the premises can apply for:
- a footpath dining permit
- take over car parking space for outdoor dining.
- Venues in the following areas need to contact Place Management NSW:
- Darling Harbour
- The Rocks.
All outdoor dining permits will be assessed against the following:
- Is the venue within the City of Sydney local area and does it have development consent to serve food for eating at the premises?
- Will the extension to your trading parameters still allow adequate access for pedestrians, residents and essential vehicles?
- What will the impact be on local residents?
For more information on outdoor dining permits, including fees, call us on 02 9265 9333.