Get approval to use the public way for minor construction works

We regulate construction works that require a footpath, cycleway or roadway to be temporarily closed or partially obstructed.

About 2 days
At least $104

Project Status: When you need to do this

What you need to do

Temporary works applicationPDF · 102.03 KB · Last modified
Traffic control plan guide providing for people riding bicyclesPDF · 344.14 KB · Last modified

After you finish

  • No payment is required at the application stage. Once the permit has been processed, our team will email you a link to make an online payment.
  • If additional information is required, we’ll be in touch. Otherwise allow at least 2 working days for your application to be assessed.

Costs and fees


Assessment fee


per week or part thereof and change of date

Single residential loading and unloading fee


per week or part thereof

**Kerb Lane fees are applicable where a site does not have a City of Sydney approved / signposted works zone.