Project Status: Closed
We invite restaurants, community groups and local businesses to take part in the 2024 Sydney Lunar Festival.
Previous events have included special dishes and meals at local restaurants, live street performances, artworks and light installations.
Now in its 28th year, the festival has become the largest celebration of the Lunar New Year outside Asia.
Sydney Lunar Festival dates
Celebrations for the Year of the Dragon take place over 16 days from Saturday 10 February to Sunday 25 February 2024.
Businesses participating in the Sydney Lunar Festival program will be part of a festival with a national and international audience, and will receive the Sydney Lunar Festival 2024 logo to use on their marketing collateral.
Events that are part of the program may be featured in:
- Sydney Lunar Festival editorial articles on our What’s On website
- our weekly What’s On e-newsletter in February (over 31,000 subscribers)
- Social media posts on Facebook and Instagram
- outdoor, radio and digital advertising in January and February.
- To be part of the program your event must:
- take place between 10 and 25 February 2024
- celebrate the Year of the Dragon
- be open to the general public.
- Event acceptance into the Sydney Lunar Festival associated events program is at the City of Sydney’s discretion.
- Listing an event on What’s On doesn't guarantee inclusion in the Sydney Lunar Festival program.
- If you list an event to What’s On without applying here, we can’t include your event in any marketing materials.
- Applications received after the closing date will only be considered for website event listing, not additional marketing opportunities.
- Associated events are not funded by the City of Sydney.
- Associated event organisers must accept the terms and conditions.
- Applications closed at 11am on Monday 8 January 2024.
- We’ll review your event and let you know if it will be included in the Sydney Lunar Festival program by Monday 15 January.
- If accepted, list your event to be published on our What’s On website by Friday 26 January.
How to apply
Applications closed at 11am on Monday 8 January 2024.
Once you hear from us, you’ll be invited to list your event on our What’s On website. All listings require a clear image without text or graphics overlaid. The What’s On team will review your listing prior to it being published.
If you took part in Sydney Lunar Festival last year and already have a What’s On listing for the same event, please update this instead after we contact you.
We’ll incorporate your event into the Sydney Lunar Festival webpage and where appropriate use the details from your listing to feature on marketing materials about the festival.