Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
Check your eligibility
Check if your property is eligible for a parking permit and review the parking permit area maps before you start.
You must have an eligible vehicle. The vehicle must:
- be registered in the name of a business, or a principal of the business
- be registered for business use
- be used for the purposes of carrying goods and equipment
- not be a truck or bus exceeding 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass
Apply for a permitIf you’re eligible for a business parking permit, you will need to lodge an application using one of the methods listed below:
Log in or create an account with us then follow the steps to apply online.Apply online
Apply in person or by mail
You can also apply in person or by mail after downloading and completing our application form.
- Download the form below.
- Read and fill in the form.
- To lodge an application in person at a customer service centre make a 20-minute appointment. Book your appointment online or call us on 02 9265 9333 to book. Alternatively, mail it to City of Sydney, GPO Box 1591, Sydney NSW 2001.
- For mailed applications, please include either a cheque or money order. Cheques should be made payable to the City of Sydney Council.
- Payment in person can be made by cheque, money order, eftpos or credit card.
Before you start
Documents required for business parking permits
- Current vehicle registration papers.
- Business registration certificate.
- One of the following:
- Current commercial lease
- Business utility bill (for example, electricity, gas, phone).
Business permit fees
Number of permits available
After you finish
Once your form and payment are received, your application will be processed and any permit(s) for which you are eligible will be posted to you within 10 working days.
Making changes or applying for a temporary parking permit
Depending on your circumstances, changes can be made to your permit or temporary permit.