Book a doorstep recycling collection for tricky household items
Recycle soft plastics, batteries, polystyrene, clothes, electronics and other tricky items from your doorstep or apartment lobby with a free, contactless RecycleSmart Power Pick-up.
Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
Check that your items can be collected
Book a Power Pick-up with RecycleSmart
- Visit the RecycleSmart website or download the app on your phone.
- Choose to subscribe to a free monthly pick-up of up to 2 bags, or a single pick-up for $2 per bag.
- Select a date that’s convenient for you. If you book before 6pm, you can have your items collected the next business day.
Prepare your items for collection
- Put all items inside a RecycleSmart bag or your own reusable supermarket shopping bag.
- If you live in an apartment building, write a note and attach it to the bag so your neighbours know it’s being collected.
Put your items out before 8am on your scheduled pick-up day
- A RecycleSmart driver will come by to collect your items before 2pm.
- If you live in an apartment building with secure access, you can leave your bags outside near the entry or letterboxes. Or if you’re home, leave them in the lobby and buzz the driver in.
- If you live in a house or terrace, leave your bags at your doorstep.
Retrieve your empty bags
The RecycleSmart driver will leave your empty sturdy reusable bags where you left them – don’t forget to retrieve them. The thinner plastic reusable bags you can purchase at many supermarkets will be taken for soft plastic recycling.
What happens next
- The RecycleSmart driver picks up your bags between 8am and 2pm.
- You’ll receive a notification when your items have been picked up.
- Your items are delivered to our Alexandra Canal Depot, where they are reused or recycled by our contractors.
If something doesn’t go to plan 🙁
- If your bags aren’t picked up before 2pm on your scheduled day, contact RecycleSmart at [email protected] and they’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- If you need to change or edit your booking, log in to your account on the RecycleSmart website or app. Changes need to be made by 6pm the day before your scheduled pick-up.
- If you forget to put out your bags, RecycleSmart will be in touch with you to reschedule your booking.
- If items were left in your bag, they are likely not accepted. RecycleSmart will contact you with more information.
|This project is a NSW Environment Protection Authority, Waste Less, Recycle More initiative, funded from the waste levy.|