Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
- Visit a branch
From Monday 11 January, the self-service computers are available at these branches.
- Customs House, Darling Square and Green Square libraries: 11am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 11am to 4pm, Saturday and Sunday
- Glebe, Surry Hills and Kings Cross (level 1 computers only) libraries: 11am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Newtown Library: 2pm to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Town Hall Library Express (1 computer available): 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Sessions times run for a maximum of 3 hours. Computers and the surrounding desk area will be cleaned after each use.
All computers are PC-based and use Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016 and the latest internet browsers including Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Skype is available for video and voice calls on most computers, which have a camera installed.
You must read and follow our conditions of use for computers at the start of your session.
Computers will automatically log off at the end of the 3 hour session. All files need to be saved to your cloud account or USB stick. You can use your own USB or purchase one from the library.
Printing, scanning and photocopying service
- If you're a library member you can access printing and self-service photocopiers using your membership card. Charges apply and are deducted automatically. Money can be added to your card at the self-service kiosk.
- Non-members will need to purchase a casual use ticket from the self-service kiosk. Tickets are valid for 90 days from time of purchase. Kiosks accept major credit and debit cards as well as cash but don’t provide change.
- Scanning is free of charge, however, scans need to be saved to a USB.