Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
- Visit a branch
From Monday 19 October, the self-service computers are available at these branches.
- Customs House, Darling Square and Green Square libraries: 11am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 11am to 4pm, Saturday and Sunday.
- Surry Hills Library: 11am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Kings Cross Library: 11am to 6pm, Tuesday and Thursday.
Sessions times run for a maximum of 2 hours. Computers and the surrounding desk area will be cleaned after each use.
All computers are PC-based and use Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016 and the latest internet browsers including Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Skype is available for video and voice calls on most computers, which have a camera installed.
To comply with public health orders, you must register your contact details each time you enter a City of Sydney Library. The easiest way to register is to scan the QR code on the check in sign at the entrance using your smartphone. Then click on the link and complete the short form. If you don’t have a smartphone or need assistance, please see our library staff.
You must read and follow our conditions of use for computers at the start of your session.
Computers will automatically log off at the end of the 2 hour session. All files need to be saved to your cloud account or USB stick. You can use your own USB or purchase one from the library, priced from $5 to $20.
Health and safety
For the health and safety of visitors and employees, we’re complying with NSW Health guidelines. Strict physical distancing measures will be in place.
Remember to stay at least 1.5m from other people while at the library.
Please don’t visit if:
- you are experiencing even mild Covid-19 symptoms such as a cough or sore scratchy throat
- have visited an area where NSW Health advises immediate self-isolation and testing
- have been tested for Covid-19 and are waiting on results.
Printing, scanning and photocopying service
- If you're a library member you can access printing and self-service photocopiers using your membership card. Charges apply and are deducted automatically. Money can be added to your card at the self-service kiosk.
- Non-members will need to purchase a casual use ticket from the self-service kiosk. Tickets are valid for 90 days from time of purchase. Kiosks accept major credit and debit cards as well as cash but don’t provide change.
- Scanning is free of charge, however, scans need to be saved to a USB.