Project Status: When you need to do this
What you need to do
Make a booking
Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance online via the links below or by calling our Library team on 02 9265 9333.
- Customs House Library: 11am to 3pm, Monday to Friday
- Green Square Library : 11am to 3pm, Monday to Friday
- Surry Hills Library: 11am to 3pm, Monday to Friday
- Kings Cross Library: 11am to 3pm, Tuesday and Thursday
- Darling Square Library: 2pm to 6pm, Monday to Friday
Sessions times run for 45 minutes. This allows time for the computers to be cleaned prior to the next session.
You’ll need to provide your name and contact details to make a booking. Only 1 person is allowed to attend per booking.
- You’ll receive a confirmation of your booking by email or on the phone.
All computers are PC-based and use Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016 and the latest internet browsers including Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Skype is available for video and voice calls on most computers, which have a camera installed.
On the day of your booking
- Please arrive at the entrance to the library 5 minutes prior to the start of your booked session. You’ll be met by one of our library team who’ll check your identification before showing you to your designated computer.
- Bookings will be cancelled if you arrive more than 15 minutes after your scheduled session.
- You must read and follow our conditions of use for computers at the start of your session.
- Computers will automatically log off at the end of the 45 minute session. All files need to be saved to your cloud account or USB stick. You can use your own USB or purchase one from the library, priced from $5 to $20.
Health and safety
For the health and safety of visitors and employees, we’re complying with NSW Health guidelines. Strict physical distancing measures will be in place during your booked session.
- Remember to stay at least 1.5m from other people while at the library.
- Please don’t attend your session if you have any flu-like symptoms. Call us on 02 9265 9333 to cancel or reschedule your session.
If you need to cancel your booking
If you’re unable to attend the session that you booked, please cancel your booking as soon as possible by calling 02 9265 9333.
Access to computers without a booking will be allowed if there are available computers. You will be required to register your contact details to use the computers. Please see staff at the library entrance.
Printing, scanning and photocopying service
- If you're a library member you can access printing and self-service photocopiers using your membership card. Charges apply and are deducted automatically. Money can be added to your card at the self-service kiosk.
- Non-members will need to purchase a casual use ticket from the self-service kiosk. Tickets are valid for 90 days from time of purchase. Kiosks accept major credit and debit cards as well as cash but don’t provide change.
- Scanning is free of charge, however, scans need to be saved to a USB.
Please note: No other in-branch services will be available during your session and other branches remain closed at this time.