A city for all – inclusion (disability) action plan 2021–2025
We’re committed to building an inclusive and accessible city for everyone, now and in the future.
- This is the City of Sydney’s fifth inclusion (disability) action plan and aims to build on the success of previous plans, and harness new and emerging opportunities.
- This plan was developed in consultation with people with disability, people with mental health conditions, carers, disability service providers and advocacy groups.
What’s in the plan
The plan is part of our ongoing commitment to make our city truly inclusive. It includes strategies to ensure our services, programs and events are inclusive for everyone, including people with less visible disabilities.
This action plan focuses on 4 key directions to build a more inclusive and accessible city for everyone:
- Direction 1: develop positive community attitudes and behaviours towards people with disability.
- Direction 2: create more liveable communities for people with disability.
- Direction 3: achieve a higher rate of meaningful employment participation by people with disability.
- Direction 4: provide more equitable access to mainstream services for people with disability.
The plan includes a number of priority actions to address outstanding and emerging issues faced by people with disability. Over the next 4 years we will:
- address the lack of understanding faced by people with less visible disabilities
- ensure our services, programs and events are inclusive for everyone, including people with less visible disabilities
- continue to improve access in our community facilities and public domain spaces and infrastructure
- upskill our people to recruit and retain diverse employees, including people with disability, and develop a culture of diversity and inclusion
- provide accessible and inclusive communications, and decision-making and engagement opportunities.