A City for All - Inclusion (Disability) Action Plan 2017-2021
We recognise our social responsibility to work to remove barriers to inclusive participation in our communities, to protect the rights of people with disability and promote the value of diversity and inclusion across the community.
- We aim to make Sydney an inclusive and accessible city for everyone.
- We aim to provide greater social and economic opportunities for people with disability to enable full participation in city life, protect the rights of people with disability and promote the value of diversity and inclusion across the community.
Our plan of action
This plan aligns our long-term vision of an inclusive city with the Disability Inclusion Act 2014. The plan addresses barriers faced by people with disability in all age groups. It builds on the success of previous plans and harnesses new and emerging opportunities.
It has been developed through consultation with people with disability, carers, local service providers, peak advocacy organisations and our advisory panel.
The plan sets out 4 strategic directions for a more inclusive and accessible city:
- Positive community attitudes and behaviours towards people with disability and carers.
- More liveable communities for people with disability and carers.
- A higher rate of meaningful employment of people with disability and carers through inclusive practices.
- Equitable access to mainstream services for people with disability through inclusive systems and processes.
The plan is available to download in a variety of formats. Alternative formats are available on request.
Policy & planning changes