Request the home library service
We can deliver and collect items for you free of charge.
Project Status: When you need to do this
If you’re a resident in the City of Sydney area who experiences challenges accessing your nearest library, we can help by bringing the library to you.
We deliver library items to people in their homes who find it difficult to access their library due to:
- poor health
- full-time carer obligations
- chronic condition
If you’re convalescing at home following an illness, injury or operation, we can provide a temporary home library service. We also provide the service to residents in care facilities.
When we assess your application, we may request a medical certificate or referral.
What you need to do
You must be a resident of our area.
Apply by phone, email or in person
To start your application please provide:
- your name, address and phone number
- proof you are a City of Sydney resident
- a medical certificate or referral by a health or aged care service (if requested).
To apply, phone 02 9265 9705, email [email protected] or visit any staffed City of Sydney Library branch.
Items that can be delivered
- Books, audiobooks, magazines, CDs, DVDs and language kits can all be delivered.
- Our home library team can select items for you according to your preferences and specific requests. Or you can self-select what you want to borrow using the online library catalogue.
Access our collections online
You can also access the library’s full collection of digital resources including ebooks, eaudiobooks, emagazines and enewspapers, and stream music and films.
Once your application has been approved, we’ll be in touch to discuss the types of resources you’d like to borrow.