Project Status: Under review
Speak up. Sign up.
Get our regular newsletter to have your say.
Why we’re doing this
This proposal is being re-exhibited to allow a longer period for feedback.
There is no change to the proposed planning controls. If you made comments during the previous consultation period from December 2020 to January 2021, you don’t need to make any further comments.
What we’re doing
We’re proposing changes to the building height and floor-space ratio at 30–62 Barcom Avenue, Darlinghurst. This will allow more commercial floor space for a co-working office space within a 5-storey building.
The proposed changes will:
- permit a maximum floor-space ratio of 3.75:1 and height of 18m on the site
- restrict the whole building to non-residential and non-tourist and visitor accommodation
- restrict the additional floor space and height to commercial uses
- ensure there is no additional car parking onsite
- establish an acceptable building envelope, including height in storeys and setbacks
- support a good sustainability outcome including a 6-star NABERS energy commitment agreement, the incorporation of roof top solar and a green roof.
We will consider all submissions and report the outcomes to Council and the Central Sydney Planning Committee.
If Council and the Central Sydney Planning Committee approve the proposal, it can amend the Sydney Local Environmental Plan 2012 on behalf of the Greater Sydney Commission.
How you can give feedback
Consultation closes at 5pm on Friday 1 October 2021.
Feedback may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period. Your name or organisation’s name may appear in these reports with your feedback attributed. If you would like your feedback to be kept confidential, please let us know when making your contribution.