Open access information

Open access information

Here are more details about open access information and Council.

City of Sydney policies

You can view our policy register for all Council policies.

You can download the Councillors' expenses policy and the City's code of conduct.

Every 3 months Councillor expenditure reports are published. 

Disclosure Log

A disclosure log is a record containing details of information released under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) following an access application, if the agency releasing the information considers it may be of interest to other members of the public. Details are entered into the disclosure log after the access application has been decided, and when review rights relating to the agency’s decision to include the details of the released information in the disclosure log are no longer pending. 

Download our disclosure log.

Contracts awarded

Visit our contracts awarded page for a list of contracts valued at or worth more than $150,000.

How our meetings are conducted

Please visit our code of meeting practice page.

Reports about what we do

You can view reports about what we do at our annual report and integrated planning and reporting pages.

Filming and photography

Please visit our filming and photography page for further information.

Council meetings

More information about Council meetings and committees here.

Register of investments

Download our register of investments.

How the Council's powers are awarded

For the delegations of the Council to the Lord Mayor, please visit the role of the Lord Mayor and Councillors page.

Download the delegations from the Council to the CEO and delegations from the CEO to staff.


Please visit our graffiti page for relevant policies.

Planning and development

Our development application and planning controls pages have more information.

The City keeps a register of voting on planning matters at Council and CSPC meetings. If you would like to view the register, please contact the Manager Governance.

Land, leases and licences

Download our land register and leases and licences for uses of public land classified as community land.

Political donation disclosures

For information about disclosures of political donations lodged with the NSW Electoral Commission, please visit NSW Electoral Commission.

Pecuniary interest

The register of pecuniary interest declarations is available for inspection. Please lodge a request for City records if you would like to view the register. 

Plans of management

You can view the plans of management for City parks here. For all other community spaces, please lodge a request for City records.

Building certificates

For details regarding the records of building certificates, please lodge a request for City records.

Compulsory acquisition

Please lodge a request for City records for details regarding compulsory acquisition.