Innovation and ideas grant
Supports innovative projects that address local and global issues across key sectors that contribute to a sustainable city, thriving economy, vibrant communities and cultural life.
Applications are now closed
- Recommendations taken to Council for approval: 21 November 2022.
Help with grants in your language
Need help with information about our grants in other languages?
About this program
This grant program supports projects that foster innovation, showcase local expertise and test new ideas to address local and global issues across the city’s social, cultural, sustainability and business sectors.
Funding can support:
- research and feasibility studies relating to the funding priorities listed below
- pilot projects that test new approaches for addressing local and global issues
- demonstration projects that promote market awareness and adoption of innovations
- development and implementation of best practice approaches and toolkits
- new technologies and platforms that support sector development.
Cash funding from $10,000 to $50,000 per year is available, for a one-year program or multi-year funding (up to 3 years).
Applicants can apply for up to $5,000 worth of capital expenditure or equipment purchase.
Value-in-kind in the form of venue hire is also available.